Friday, February 8, 2013

Julep Maven February Wardrobe

This month, I upgraded to the full wardrobe. I was looking at spending near the same amount to add-on colors, so it just seemed like a better idea. This is the first time I upgraded.

It took a little while longer to arrive -- because of the additional weight of the box seems to be the consensus on the Julep Facebook page.

But it arrived, perfectly packaged as always.

The wardrobe arrived in a nice white lacquer box. I don't know if I'll keep the polish in it -- I'm thinking about some other storage options, but this will be great for storing jewelry or other small things. The dividers DO come out, but if you're using it for little stuff, it's probably a good idea to keep them in there.



Along with the polish, Julep included Freedom Polymer Topcoat, Oxygen Nail Treatment, an eyelash curler and two chocolate hearts. My friend was over when the box arrived (and she laughed a lot at my squeal that it was finally here) so I let her have one of the chocolates.


Food for thought for the month, since many of the polishes were inspired by great women of the screen. 

For my first manicure with the new collection, I opted for Ginger -- a great holographic. Most of the others I've seen online are rocking Rebel right now. They look VERY similar to me in the bottle and on my nail compared to pictures of Rebel I've seen, so I'm interested to see what it looks like myself. 


Ginger with two coats. Full coverage at this point. Dried very quickly. Kind of matte at this point, actually, which was surprising. 



Then I added the Freedom Polymer Topcoat. It went on easy and has GREAT shine. Fully ready in 5 minutes as the label promised. I cured it under my ceiling light for a bit too -- and then I took all of these pictures! No mangled nails or smudges. It's great! 

Stay tuned. I'll be posting my February Add-Ons and my Cupid's Mystery Box soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment