Monday, February 4, 2013

Julep Review -- Julia

I'm still eagerly awaiting my February Maven box.

I upgraded to the full wardrobe, and it seems from the buzz on Julep's Facebook page that I'm not the only one still waiting.

In the mean time, my add on colors have arrived.

I got the three pack including: Julia, Morgan, and Jennifer.

I honestly bought the pack mostly for Morgan. I think the color is amazing. I was soooo excited to try it, that I forgot about the Super Bowl.

I'm a Steelers fan. It hasn't been a great season, and I certainly couldn't deck my nails out in Ravens colors this Sunday, so I opted for Julia, another more subtle purple instead.

The Julep website describes Julia as "Purple orchid with golden micro-glitter metallic."

The results are stunning.



Julia went on very smoothly and fully covered with two coats. It also dried very quickly. 

I painted my nails while watching Downton Abbey and was ready to go to bed without fear of smudges well before the end of the episode. 

I had one minor nick -- my nails are a mess after taking off Jane (great color, but harsh removal) and my thumb peeled a little. I fixed it up, good as new. 

This morning, after they had time to fully dry, I topped them with Sally Hansen Super Shine Top Coat, which I leave in my purse for touch ups.

The gold shimmer really makes this color...and no one will confuse me for a Ravens fan! 


No comments:

Post a Comment